Beeline Personnel are recruiting for a well respected and truly therapeutic service based in North Staffordshire.
As a Residential Childcare Worker you will required to ensure effective service with a view to supporting the positive development of the children/young people, staff, and organisation.
The post will involve unsociable hours, shift work, being on the organised rota, sleeping in and ensuring adequate staffing levels, to meet the needs of the Children and young people. Each overnight sleep duty will be paid at £40 per night in addition to your hourly rate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To take responsibility in ensuring the provision of a high quality of therapeutic care to children and young people.
- To ensure appropriate standards of practice are maintained that are consistent with principles, standards and philosophy stated in the policies and procedures of the organisation and compliant with current legislation and regulation as it relates to child care practices.
- To report immediately any unsafe practices and procedures.
- To ensure that the home operates in line with the specified Statement of Purpose and function.
- To promote structure, boundaries and routines within the home.
- Provide a positive role model for the young people, presenting oneself in a highly professional manner.
- To undertake the role of keyworker for children/young people.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team both within the home and external agencies.
- To take a positive interest in the young people’s educational progress, to monitor their homework and link with school in a parental capacity, in accordance with the care plan.
- To help the young person fulfil the requirements of their care plan and participate in activities with the young person
- To identify the religious, ethnic, gender and cultural needs of a young person and to contribute to meeting them by exploring facilities in the area and assisting the YP in making contact.
- Ensure staff are aware of and deliver the support required to ensure the life chance opportunities of the young people for their social, educational, leisure, emotional, physical, and cultural needs are met.
- To contribute to the implementation, monitoring and reporting on individual care plans for young people who are looked after.
- To contribute and prepare reports prepared for meetings and presentation.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- To ensure young people attend meetings and appointments as required.
- Work in partnership with colleagues, other agencies and professionals to meet the needs of the young people.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, children/young people and families.
- Attend and participate in supervision, appraisals and staff meetings as required by governing regulations.
- Undertake relevant training programmes as required by governing regulations, guidance, and the Company. Including completing a level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent as defined by Ofsted) within 2 years of the start of your employment.
- To demonstrate an ongoing commitment to continuous professional development.
- To undertake cooking, cleaning, housekeeping and other ‘home-making’ tasks, involving the young people according to their ages and ability.
- To undertake any other duties reasonable required as directed.
- Ensure that all staff work within a non discriminatory environment.
- Work within the code of confidentiality and ensure that records in the home are stored in a manner which is compliant with regulations.
- Monitor and maintain administrative requirements ensuring compliance with policy and regulation.
- You must co-operate with the Company in complying with the Health and Safety requirements and are therefore expected to follow Company policies, to acquaint yourself with the Fire, Health and Safety Procedures at your place of work and carry out relevant risk assessments of unsafe practices and conditions that present a safety risk.
- Take responsibility for having sound working knowledge of key procedures including safeguarding, Fire, and Health & Safety Procedures at your place of work.
The post holder may be reasonably expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time. It is the responsibility of the of the post holder to comply with Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities at all times.
This post requires the post holder to complete a full Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.