Beeline Personnel are recruiting for a well respected and truly therapeutic service for a Residential Childcare Workers company based in North Staffordshire.
As a Senior Residential Childcare Worker, you will be required to ensure effective service with a view to supporting the positive development of the children/young people, staff, service, and organisation.
The post will involve unsociable hours, shift work, being on the organised rota, sleeping in and ensuring adequate staffing levels to meet the needs of the children and young people. Each overnight sleep duty will be paid at £40 per night in addition to your hourly rate.
- To take responsibility ensuring the provision of a high-quality therapeutic care to children/young people
- To ensure appropriate standards of practice are maintained that are consistent with principles, standards and philosophy stated in the policies and procedures
- Compliant with current legislation and regulation as it relates to childcare practices
- To immediately report any unsafe practices and procedures
- To ensure that the home operates in line with the specified Statement of Purpose and function
- To promote structure, boundaries, and routines within the home
- Provide a positive role model for the young people whilst presenting oneself in a highly professional manner
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team both within the home and external agencies
- To take a positive interest in the young people’s educational progress, to monitor their homework and link with school in a parental capacity in accordance with the care plan
- To help the young person fulfil the requirements of their care plan and participate in activities with the young person
- To support the beliefs, ethnic and gender needs of the young person and contribute time to exploring facilities in those sectors
- Ensuring staff are aware of and deliver the support required to ensure the life chance opportunities of the young people are met (social, educational, leisure, emotional, physical, and cultural needs)
- To contribute to the planning, monitoring, and reporting on individual care plans
- To contribute and prepare reports for meetings and presentation
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
- To ensure young people attend meetings and appointments as required
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, children/young people and families
- Attend and participate in supervision, appraisals and staff meetings as required by governing regulations
- Undertake relevant training programmes as required by governing regulations, guidance, and the Company. Including completing a level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent as defined by Ofsted) within 2 years of the start of your employment
- To demonstrate an ongoing commitment to continuous professional development
- To undertake cooking, cleaning, housekeeping and other ‘home-making’ tasks, involving the young people according to their ages and ability
- Ensure that all staff work within a non-discriminatory environment
- Work within the code of confidentiality and ensure that records in the home are stored in a manner which is compliant with regulations
- Monitor and maintain administrative requirements ensuring compliance with policy and regulation
- You must co-operate with the company in complying with the Health and Safety requirements, to acquaint yourself with the Fire, Health and Safety Procedures at your place of work and carry out relevant risk assessments of unsafe practices and conditions that present a safety risk
- Take responsibility for having sound working knowledge of key procedures including safeguarding, Fire, and Health & Safety Procedures at your place of work.
The post holder may be reasonably expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time. It is the responsibility of the of the post holder to comply with Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities at all times.
This post requires the post holder to complete a full Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.