Beeline Personnel are delighted to be recruiting for a well respected rehabilitation service based in Gobowen, Nr Oswestry.
Working as a Support Worker, you will be responsible for the overall welfare, care and offering day to day support to their residents.
There are both day and night shift patterns available.
The working hours for this role will be a 4 day working on shift pattern (08:00-20:00) followed by 3 days rest before the pattern repeats. The working week is set to 42 hours. Night shifts working on the same 4 on 3 off pattern (20:00-08:00) are also available.
Due to the nature of the clients who reside onsite, it is essential that applicants have an empathetic, calm and therapeutic approach to providing the high level of service expected of our client. This is really important as all staff working onsite have a desire to make a difference to people lives and approach their work, no matter what department they work in with kindness and empathy.
- To act as a champion for residents’ safety and dignity including key working duties as requested.
- To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
- Ensure the ongoing safety of residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used.
- Provide emotional and practical support by talking to residents about their needs and listening to their concerns so as to encourage a happy, homely atmosphere.
- Ensure that residents are encouraged and supported to remain as independent and active as possible
- Help residents to participate in leisure activities.
- Ensure that high quality care delivery focused on residents individually assessed needs and choices is delivered, and that they receive the medical and clinical support they require as directed by the GP and other health professionals.
- Ensure that areas of identified risk are appropriately monitored and outcomes recorded and acted upon e.g. fluid and nutrition charts, turning regimes, blood glucose monitoring.
- Report all accidents and incidents promptly in accordance with our Policies. Ensure accident/incident reports are written clearly and concisely.
- Ensure that clinical equipment is maintained in a safe, clean and fully functional state. Report any equipment failures or damage to the Team Leader.
- To maintain standards of infection control within the home and to assist residents to maintain their own infection control needs.
- Provide information to residents and relatives in relation to care delivery, being mindful of data protection requirements.
- Ensure high standard of record keeping are maintained in accordance with legislative and Company requirements and use of digital care systems.
- Be responsible for the care and protection of residents’ property.
- Promote the professional image of the services through excellent communication, appropriate behaviour and professional appearance.
- Undertake training appropriate to the role, as agreed with the Team Leader including all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties.
- Act at all times within your own skills and competence.
- Be knowledgeable about Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policies and Procedures and report any untoward events in accordance with our own and Local Authority requirements.
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and all other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with their employer to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and the Health and Safety policies and procedures of the treatment centre, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare, in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions.
- Any other duties as required by the Team Leader which are commensurate with your role, training and experience.
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- Awareness of health and safety procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents with a variety of backgrounds, conditions and mental capacities
- Willingness to assist with basic healthcare practices
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Maintains personal and professional development
- IT literate
- Able to build relationships effectively, both internally and with external health professionals
- Experienced in working within a care home environment would be desirable, but training will be given
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.